St Cuthbert's Primary School

Close Menu
School Uniform

The school uniform is:

  • Red is our School colour 
  • White shirt 
  • School tie (P7’s wear a Senior Pupil Tie )
  • Black/grey trousers
  • Black/grey skirt
  • P.E Red/white t-shirt/polo shirt
  • School jacket (optional)

Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, jackets  and ties with the school logo are available for purchase from BARU 216 Great Western Road G4 9EJ

P7 Senior ties are available from the School office.

Our uniform was agreed in consultation with pupils and parents. It is expected that all children attending Glasgow Primary School will adhere to this dress code.

PE Kit

It is important that pupils come prepared to learn and for PE this requires appropriate clothing. All jewellery should be removed. Pupils who are not participating in PE must have a note or a medical certificate. Pupils who are unable to participate in practical PE should still bring their kit to allow them to assist in the lesson by refereeing, keeping scores or assisting with the distribution of equipment. This ensures that they are still able to take part in some way in the work of the class and do not miss out on the knowledge and understanding of the course.

There are forms of dress that are unacceptable in school, such as items of clothing which:

  • potentially encourage factions (such as football colours)
  • could cause offence (such as anti-religious symbolism or political slogans)
  • could cause health and safety difficulties (such as loose fitting clothing, jewellery)
  • could cause damage to flooring
  • carry advertising particularly for alcohol or tobacco
  • could be used to inflict damage on other pupils.

Clothing & Footwear Grants
Parents/Carers receiving Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based), Working Tax Credit (with a total annual income of less than £15,860*), Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit or Universal Credit (where the total income is less than £7320) will normally be entitled to monetary grants for footwear and clothing for their children.

Information and application forms can be found via the following link